Position: Software Developer
Company: Destiny Solutions
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Travel: Some Required
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Are you interested in writing software the way it should be written? Do you like using the right technology to solve each problem? Do you consider programming both a skill and an art? Do you like being involved in the development process from the requirement right through to the delivery? Do you believe that you have the skills to implement both GUI and server side designs? Are you comfortable producing high performing algorithms?
If so, we are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, developer who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and take advantage of the new challenges and opportunities offered by a growing young company.
We are not only looking for senior developers – We are looking for those individuals at any point in their career who know that they have the skill and the art to be a strong participant in our development process. Basically a quick learner who enjoys a challenge and can see the big picture.
We work in a small dynamic environment with flexible work hours and are an equal opportunity employer. We also provide our staff with many opportunities for both career and professional development. In this role, you will be given an opportunity to be a major contributor to building the next-generation of Continuing Education business solutions. Come join us at Destiny Solutions, where your opinion matters, your experience is valued and interesting work will be part of your daily routine.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience developing sophisticated enterprise web-based applications using Java based OO technologies
- Experience with MVC framework
- Strong database experience – MSSQL, Oracle, SQL, Hibernate
- Excellent understanding of web design and usability principles
- Experience with reporting packages such as Crystal Reports is an asset
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and work effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Business knowledge of the Higher Education domain and financial accounting would be an asset
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle – requirements, architecture, design, development, deployment
- Participate in the project planning process including estimating and process improvements
- Implement highly usable, efficient, reliable, and scalable software
- Evaluate new technologies and evaluating how they could be integrated / utilized to better serve our clients
- Strive at all times to do work using best practices – through experience or experimentation
*Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include the JOB TITLE
“Software Developer” in the subject of your message.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest and look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES will be contacted for this opportunity. We are growing and do however welcome you to send your resume for future opportunities and/or other roles for which you might be a better fit.