Opportunity for a motivated writer looking to make a big impact
Who we are:
Destiny Solutions is a team of exceptional people helping global citizens access non-traditional post-secondary learning experiences. Our teams create technology that lets colleges and universities manage their growth as they strive to educate the world. We innovate, we empower, and we improve. Right now, we need more exceptional individuals to help us keep doing it. Join Destiny Solutions where your opinion matters, your experience is valued and interesting work will be part of your daily routine. Take the next step in your career with us and be a major contributor to building the next-generation of continuing education business solutions.
Right now, we need more exceptional individuals to help us to keep evolving.
What we need:
We need a Content Writer with B2B experience, and their finger on the pulse of higher education. Someone motivated by tight deadlines and high-pressure deliverables. We need a Content Writer who can put together an editorial calendar and turn around 10-12 pieces of long and short content including well-researched white papers, online articles, executive posts, technical guidelines, and short blog posts, every month. We want a Content Writer who is seeking a high growth company at the intersection of academics and technology. Someone who wants to have their voice heard (and read), and is focused on building their brand using top-notch content to connect with our community.
What our new Content Writer will do:
- Propel the industry forward. You will get to use your creative flare to bring trends and information to life, and contribute to the advancement of higher education in a real way.
- Engage the community. You will create content that attracts, engages, and retains the attention of our clients in prestigious higher academic institutions across the globe.
- Capitalize on The Evolllution. You will have first-hand access to the themes, topics, and content that our community contributors are reading and writing through our online paper and it’s membership of 50,000 readers. You will use this information, to capitalize on trends and inform the Editorial Calendar.
- Plan and strategize. You will work collaboratively to create an editorial calendar for content publishing. You will have a crucial role in both developing and executing on the calendar and the plans associated with it.
- Make it look good. You will have ownership over the entire content production lifecycle, from conception to finalization. You will work with a copy editor to polish your pieces and then lay them out using InDesign.
- Write. And then write some more. You will write more than 10,000 words a month for us. You will meet deadlines and deliver the highest quality B2B content that includes:
- Industry and client material. You will conduct in-depth research on the higher education industry in order to create valuable content, including blog posts, articles, executive briefings, whitepapers and more. You will interview clients to tell compelling stories and write unique case studies and press releases.
- Technical and product documents. In addition to industry-focused content, you will also have the opportunity to write complex documents focused on our software solutions. You will get to work with subject matter experts in order to learn about how our software works and write content that will be used by both current and prospective clients.
We need a Content Writer who has:
- A relevant University degree and 3+ years relevant experience as an academic writer, a journalist or a business content writer.
- Editing skills. You have strengths in content and copy editing including grammar and AP Style.
- Research and interview skills. You have experience conducting in-depth research and in-person/telephone interviews
- Technical skills. A knowledge of Adobe suite is an asset (specifically, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator). Basic HTML is also an asset.
- Pride. You enjoy your work and getting a job done well. You want to be part of a team that promotes their accomplishments and sees the difference they make.
- Accountability. You ask questions and you answer them too. You take ownership for your work, your tasks, your timelines. You can be counted on. And you speak up when you need assistance.
- Drive. You want to be challenged and you are constantly seeking new opportunities to learn, gain and apply new skills and knowledge.
- Business knowledge. We are giving out bonus points if you have knowledge of the Higher Education domain and marketing for software solutions.
- A strong online portfolio, illustrating strengths in writing about complex concepts, and including one or more of the following samples:
- A case study featuring a client
- A whitepaper or other in-depth document
- A blog post or other in-depth document
- A product or technical document