Who we are:
Destiny Solutions is a team of exceptional people helping global citizens access non-traditional post-secondary learning experiences. Our teams create technology that lets colleges and universities manage their growth as they strive to educate the world. We innovate, we empower, and we improve.
Right now, we need more exceptional individuals to help us to keep evolving.
We need a Software Developer committed to:
- Building end-to-end solutions.
- Creating high quality, reliable code.
- Creating industry-changing applications that solve real problems in business and in higher education.
- Delivering a solid, scalable and secure business solution.
- Collaborating scrum teams, and 360 exposure to our products.
- Being continuously challenged, and pushed to evolve their skills.
We want a Software Developer who wants to:
- Be involved in the end-to-end product development cycle.
- Produce high performance algorithms.
- Implement both the GUI and the server side designs.
What our new Software Developer will do:
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle – requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment.
- Participate in the project planning process including estimating and process improvements.
- Implement highly usable, efficient, and scalable software.
- Strive at all times to do work using best practises – through experience or experimentation.
We need a Software Developer with experience developing sophisticated web-based applications who has:
- The education. You have either a diploma or a degree in Computer Sciences, IT, or related field.
- The tech exposure. You have experience with many of the following technologies:
- Web servers
- MSSQL and Oracle databases
- Struts, Spring and Hibernate Frameworks
- Reporting packages such as Crystal Reports or similar
- A perfectionist streak. You want to be part of a team dedicated to creating and delivering quality software. You define and follow best practices for web design and usability principles.
- Outstanding communication. You will split your time between heads-down coding and team collaboration and innovation. We support each other out loud, working out solutions.
- Pride. You enjoy your work and getting a job done well. You want to be part of a team that promotes their accomplishments and sees the difference they make.
- Ownership. You can be counted on to deliver the best solution in collaboration with your team. You take ownership for your work, your tasks, your timeline.
- Driven. You want to be challenged and you are constantly seeking new opportunities to learn, gain and apply new skills and knowledge.
- Business Knowledge. We are giving out bonus points if you have knowledge of the Higher Education domain and financial accounting.
Need more reasons to join us? Here are five:
- You will make a difference everyday for universities trying to grow and students trying to learn.
- You will be part of a team where every person has the opportunity to innovate and grow our always-evolving product.
- You will work with some of the biggest names in education, from NYU to Penn State to Stanford to US Berkeley.
- You will have access to mentors looking to help new talent grow and learn, to people who want to share their exceptional depth of knowledge.
- You will be like family. We go fishing together, go rock climbing together and generally have a great time.
Join Destiny Solutions where your opinion matters, your experience is valued and interesting work will be part of your daily routine. Take the next step, in your career with us and be a major contributor to building the next-generation of continuing education business solutions.
Destiny Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.