Join our team of exceptional people helping global citizens access non-traditional post-secondary learning experiences. Our teams collaborate to create the technology that supports colleges and universities to manage their growth as they strive to educate the world. We innovate, we empower, and we improve. We depend on exceptional people like yourself to support our journey in advancing our technology, to evolve our business and our community.
Our DevOps Team is looking for a DevOps Engineer like you who enjoys:
Skills and Qualifications
- Working in a development focused capacity, with access to production systems, taking pride in the security, stability, efficiency, and uptime.
- Engineering for both our cloud infrastructure and internal infrastructure to meet best practices to support our clients and other teams.
- Automation to increase the velocity of delivery and infrastructure configuration
- Documenting infrastructure designs (diagrams), processes, and procedures for operationally focused team members to follow
- Occasionally providing back-up for the Cloud Administrator(s) completing operational tasks and/or on-call
- Working with a team of professionals focused on ensuring everything is engineered with best practices in mind.
- Engineering and implementation of infrastructure for our Cloud Environment
- Automation to satisfy operational requests and provisioning of environments
- Documentation for all infrastructure systems developed
- Providing an escalated level of support for the Cloud Administrator
Destiny Solutions is a leader in Toronto for tech culture, and you’ll be joining a “family” of very dedicated professionals working together towards self-advancement and evolution of the company as a whole.
- You will work with some of the biggest names in education, from NYU to Penn State to Stanford to UC Berkeley.
- You will have access to mentors looking to help new talent grow and learn and people who want to share their exceptional depth of knowledge.
- We have family day’s where you and your family can come out and enjoy rock climbing, tree climbing, picnics together and have a great time.
- We have an APTO (Agile Paid Time Off) policy, determine your own time-off
- You have the flexibility to work from home when needed
- You will be provided with standard health insurance benefits
- Your opinion matters, your experience is valued, and interesting work will be part of your daily routine.
You have experience or would like to learn the technologies in our environment…
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically EC2, S3, Glacier, CloudWatch, SQS
- Ansible for configuration & deployment management
- Zabbix for infrastructure and application monitoring
- Windows Server / Linux
- SQL Server
- Apache / Tomcat
- Java JRE/JVM
- Jenkins for build management
- Office 365 for Corporate Email (Exchange)
- Jira / Confluence for project management and knowledge base services
- VMware vSphere for Internal Infrastructure
- SAN/NAS Storage Technologies, including Dell Equallogic and FreeNAS
- Fundamental concepts such as DNS, SSL/TLS, Networking
- Programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, Java/Groovy, Node.JS
You have or would like to achieve relevant certifications…
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- any other related certifications…
You have relevant experience in the industry and/or a relevant degree or diploma in a related field
We are excited to meet you, please submit your resume and/or any questions you may have!
*Please email your resume to email@example.com and make sure to include the JOB TITLE “DevOps Engineer” in the subject of your message.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest and look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES will be contact for this opportunity. We are growing and do however welcome you to send your resume for future opportunities and/or other roles for which you might be a better fit.