IT System and Security Lead
Join our team of exceptional people helping global citizens access non-traditional post-secondary learning experiences. Our teams collaborate to create the technology that supports colleges and universities to manage their growth as they strive to educate the world. We innovate, we empower, and we improve. We depend on exceptional people like yourself to support our journey in advancing our technology, to evolve our business and our community.
As an IT System and Security Lead at Destiny, you will be primarily responsible for implementing, directing, and maintaining the Destiny Solutions IT infrastructure and network security practices. You will be working within Windows, MAC, and SQL Server environments with future Linux requirements. You will be in charge of Destiny’s internal security infrastructure. You will be the primary owner of Destiny’s SOC-2, PCI-DSS, and PA-DSS compliance processes. You will be responsible for Destiny’s compliance with required privacy regulations including PIPEDA, FERPA, and GDPR.
We are looking for the type of person that loves to have their hands in everything and someone who can take on the challenge of working within a small growing team with a great deal of responsibility. You have a breadth of experience with IT infrastructure and are comfortable configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Mac hardware and software issues while also having strong networking knowledge. You have a strong technical background and can mentor and assist staff on strong security practices while providing governance, controls, and processes to ensure compliance with appropriate standards. You are excited to be the go-to person in the organization for establishing and monitoring Enterprise Security Guidelines and Policies. You may aspire to take on the role of Chief Security and Privacy Officer in your career.
You are calm and poised under pressure and bring the confidence and know how to resolve critical issues as they arise – regardless the time of day. We work in a small dynamic environment with flexible work hours and are an equal opportunity employer. We also provide our staff with many opportunities for both career and professional development. In this role, you will be given an opportunity to be a major contributor to supporting the development of the next-generation of Continuing Education business solutions. Come join us at Destiny, where your opinion matters, your experience is valued and interesting work will be part of your daily routine.
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- CISSP designation or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with the Windows Server platform and Linux
- Extensive experience in IT and network security best practices
- Practical hands-on experience with firewalls, routers, switches, SAN, Wi-Fi, VOIP and VPN and network monitoring tools
- Practical hands-on experience with provisioning and maintaining Windows Server, PC’s, Macs, Active Directory, Office 365 and SQL Server environments
- Experience with Virtualized environments and management best practices: experience in Amazon EC2 and ESX-VMware required
- Practical experience with development build environments and tools including Jenkins and Mercurial
- Practical experience with Powershell or other scripting languages
- Strong interest and understanding of PCI-DSS, PA-DSS, and SOC-2 compliance
- Knowledge of domestic and international privacy regulations including PIPEDA, FERPA, GDPR
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and work effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written with both technical and non-technical staff)
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible
- Quick learner who enjoys a challenge and can see the big picture
- IT Infrastructure and Security Lead
- Install and/or update server or network hardware, software and operating systems
- Troubleshoot and diagnose network, hardware and software issues related to our internal servers and workstations.
- Compliance owner for PCI-DSS, PA-DSS certifications
- Compliance owner for all applicable privacy regulations
- Training/Mentoring staff on Security and Privacy best practices
- Ensure communications traversing internal and public networks follow best practices to maintain network security
- Maintain documentation, establish and manage periodic vulnerability scans, maintain audit readiness and provide audit documents for compliance programs (e.g. PCI) as required
- Implement and perform network and instance monitoring for security events and follow appropriate remediation tasks in the case of an identified fault.
- Participate in the project planning process including estimating and process improvements;
- Evaluate new technologies and evaluating how they could be integrated / utilized to better serve our clients (internal and external)
- Strive at all times to do work using best practices – through experience or experimentation
- Perform after-hours upgrades or escalations as necessary
We are excited to meet you, please submit your resume and/or any questions you may have!