Sales Development Representative
Great Opportunity for ambitious sales development representative
Destiny Solutions is on the hunt for a determined and energetic individual with a passion for sales, a gift for the gab, and an infectious personality to join our sales development team. You will be part of an outbound prospecting team introducing leading North American colleges and universities that serve non-traditional students to our customer lifecycle management SaaS application. Colleges and universities are looking to revolutionize how they do business and how they engage with students— and our software is a game changer.
You will use your industry knowledge, business and technical aptitude, and persistent and creative prospecting techniques to run targeted campaigns and generate leads by phone and email. Destiny Solutions is a growing company in an incredibly exciting industry. We strongly believe in hiring only the best people, as we continuously strive to be the best company!
1) The Market
The market is looking at huge growth, and so are we. You will be instrumental in driving growth for our company, as well as creating growth at the institutions we serve. We operate on a business model where we do well when our clients do well and believe in making an impact in this formative industry.
2) The Client
Destiny Solutions already has an impressive roster of clients and a very highly‐regarded product. Our clients are amongst the top universities and are arguably the most forward thinking in the industry. It is worth noting that they believe in us so strongly that they trust us with their business critical operations. We are now expanding into new markets within the non‐traditional higher education space and building trust across other divisions.
3) The Knowledge
We believe that in order to serve higher education, we need to be specialists in it. Destiny Solutions staff are amongst the foremost experts in non‐traditional higher education and take an active role in educating the industry through our robust content library and our digital publication, The EvoLLLution. Because of our intimate knowledge of the industry, we are able to craft a product that offers best practices and speaks specifically to the unique needs of higher education leaders.
Role and Responsibilities
This position is appropriate for a business development representative with one to three years of experience. The candidate will enjoy working independently, as well as collaborating with the rest of the team.
- Collaborate with the business development team lead to research and prioritize target account lists
- Generate new business opportunities by performing outbound sales activities (prospecting) like cold calling and lead follow-up
- Explain the value proposition of our product and communicate key information on our products
- Gather information on prospects, including fit and timing
- Educate prospective customers on how our software works and how it can benefit them
- Nurture leads through ongoing phone and email communications
- Use Salesforce to track prospects and keep information current
- Work with marketing to create materials that support lead generation and nurturing activities
- Actively build product knowledge to ensure a high level of literacy on our product
- Focus on achieving monthly quotas of outbound calls, appointments set, opportunities created and sales accepted leads
- Build a strong ongoing pipeline of prospects and leads
Requirement and Qualifications
- One to three years of experience in an inside sales lead generation role, preferably in B2B software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Post-secondary education in a related field (i.e. business, software development, marketing, information technology, etc.)
- Experience in higher-education software applications is desirable, although not a requirement
*Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include the JOB TITLE “Sales Development Representative” in the subject of your message.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest and look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES will be contacted for this opportunity. We are growing and do however welcome you to send your resume for future opportunities and/or other roles for which you might be a better fit.
About Destiny Solutions
Destiny Solutions is transforming how North American universities and colleges engage and manage “non-traditional” students and curriculum. We create software for universities and colleges that helps them to successfully attract, manage and retain their non-traditional students. Our software platform, Destiny OneTM, fosters business excellence and catalyzes world-class customer engagement between educators and learners.
What makes us truly unique is that our company is committed exclusively to developing innovative software for the non-traditional education market. Our software development team, comprised of professionals and subject matter experts, is the largest of its kind. We offer an incredible breadth and depth of knowledge about this unique market segment and are a trusted partner in the evolution of nontraditional higher education.
We work with enterprising educators at institutions seeking opportunity in today’s turbulent times. Our customers represent the market leaders in continuing education and lifelong learning. Some of our clients include Stanford, Duke, Penn State, Georgetown, UC Berkeley and the University of Toronto.